Wednesday, September 16, 2015

last week's food wins//"chick-fil-a" nuggets

Last week was CUH-RA-ZY. Clint was gone way more often than he wasn't and we were just off our game. There was a lot of cereal, PB&Js, and snack-food-made-dinners for me and Reuben.

However, I DID cook dinner for our guest, Josh. One night, I made the turkey burgers from last week because they're literally that good. The other, I decided to revisit a recipe I'd made one of our first months in Knoxville.

Just check this picture out.


Copycat Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets.

Guys. These things are soooooooooo good. They're definitely Chick-fil-A quality. And I ate the leftovers on a Sunday. It doesn't get much better than Chick-fil-A on a Sunday.

I followed the recipe pretty much to the point besides not having time to let the chicken soak in the milk/egg mixture. I popped them right in and out and they still tasted fantastic. Also, I had to cook them a little longer than 3 minutes per side to get them golden brown, but I was using a regular, non-stick skillet. It may be completely different in a cast iron skillet like they use. Next time, I plan to sprinkle in the tiniest bit of cayenne just for a lil' somethin' special.

What are you guys eating this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment